US Air Force Sergeant, 40, Caught on Camera Pointing Gun at 19-Year-Old Woman and Shouting, “Do you want to f–ing die?

In a shocking incident that unfolded on the streets of Surprise, Arizona, a US Air Force sergeant, First Sgt. Charles Bass III, found himself embroiled in a morning road-rage confrontation that quickly escalated to a terrifying level. Caught on camera, this incident has sent shockwaves through the community.

US Air Force Sergeant, 40, Caught on Camera Pointing Gun at 19-Year-Old Woman

It all began when 19-year-old Shi'Anna Bamba, having just dropped off her sibling at a local school, inadvertently cut off Sgt. Bass on December 5th. Court records obtained by ABC 15 shed light on the events that unfolded next. As fate would have it, the two vehicles found themselves side by side at a red light, providing the perfect backdrop for what was about to transpire.

In a disturbing turn of events, Bamba decided to document the encounter by pulling out her phone and hitting record. Little did she know that she was about to capture a moment that would leave her shaken to her core. As the camera rolled, Sgt. Bass, overcome by anger, pointed a loaded gun directly at the teenage girl, his voice dripping with menace as he shouted, "Do you want to f–ing die?"

The sheer audacity and recklessness displayed by the sergeant is truly alarming. To make matters worse, Bamba claims that Bass even aimed the weapon at her once again before speeding away, leaving her shaken to the core.

It took a moment for the gravity of the situation to sink in for Bamba, who immediately called her mother in a state of panic. "I called my mom right there after realizing that I could have died right there," she recounted, her voice trembling with fear.

However, Bamba vehemently disputes the official records and offers her own version of events. "I didn't make the lane switch," she firmly stated, contradicting the claims made against her. "I didn't even attempt to switch lanes yet." Determined to seek justice, the courageous teenager promptly contacted the Surprise Police Department and shared the video evidence with patrol officers.

Bamba's father later spotted Bass' truck in the same vicinity where the road-rage episode had unfolded and promptly reported the license plate number to the police, as reported by 12 News. "There is absolutely nothing I could have said to warrant such a severe reaction, especially considering I was alone in the car," Bamba conveyed to ABC. Bass voluntarily surrendered himself to the authorities and acknowledged his involvement in the incident. 

On December 12, Bass was apprehended by a joint task force consisting of the US Marshals Task Force, the US Air Force, and the Surprise police. During the investigation following his arrest, Bass attributed his actions to his struggles with PTSD and hypervigilance, explaining that he observed Bamba's driver window rolled down and was unaware of her intentions. Bass admitted that he was uncertain why he resorted to brandishing his firearm a second time upon realizing that the driver was a young woman.

Per court records, Bass has been charged with multiple offenses, including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, disorderly conduct with a weapon, and endangerment.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post